HMRC has released Christmas figures detailing the online submission activity of it's Self Assessment Online facility.
- 23,059 Tax Returns submitted online over the 3 day Christmas period - 12 percent increase from last year's 20,563.
- 17,000 Tax Returns submitted online on Christmas Eve - 19 percent increase from last year's 14,330.
- 1,566 Tax Returns submitted online on Christmas Day - 1 percent increase from last year's 1,548.
- 4,493 Tax Returns submitted online on Boxing Day - 4 percent increase from last year's 4,685.
- The busiest period in the 3 days was between 12pm and 1pm on Christmas Day. 144 Tax Returns were submitted.
The figures have been released as part of an advertising push to remind people of the online deadline to get the 2012/2013 Tax Return completed and submitted to HMRC.
Almost one month remains until the 31st January 2014 deadline, however if a person would like to have their taxes collected through their tax code and they owe less than £3,000, they must submit by midnight 30th December 2013.